Never Stand Alone
Never Stand Alone
Review this week’s message.
... You're no longer strangers or outsiders. You belong here, with as much right to the name Christian as anyone. God is building a home. He's using us all ... He used the apostles and prophets for the foundation. Now he's using you, fitting you in brick by brick, stone by stone, with Christ Jesus as the cornerstone ...
Ephesians 2:19-22 MSG
Then Joshua said to the Israelites, “In the future your children will ask, ‘What do these stones mean?’ Then you can tell them, ‘This is where the Israelites crossed the Jordan on dry ground.’”
Joshua 4:21-22 NLT
The words of the wise are like weapons of knowledge. If you need wise counsel, stay away from the fool.
Proverbs 14:7 TPT
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Do you prefer to spend time with people or time by yourself? Which do you find most energizing?
- What group of people do you feel most “at home” and connected with?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Has a connection with another person ever changed your life? How so?
- Talk about a time when you drifted toward isolation. What do you think caused that drift?
- Read Ephesians 2:19-22. What does it say about God that He desires to give us a place to belong?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Sam encouraged us to remember the faithfulness of God, rely on God’s people, and release the power of our stories. What are some ways you can start doing those things?
- What are some ways you can fight the drift toward isolation?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You for valuing connection. Thank You for reaching out to establish a relationship with us, and thank You for encouraging us in our relationships with others. Help us value these relationships like You do. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Think of a way you can lean into your relationship with God or God’s people this week. Then make it happen.
- Have you ever thought about your story and the power it has? Consider how you could share your story with someone else this week.
Find this in our app. Open the app, choose this message, then tap “Talk It Over.”
Get this in your inbox. Visit info.life.church/talkitover
Whoever finds God, finds life. More of God’s truth all week long at finds.life.church