Review this week’s message.
One day Samson went to Gaza, where he saw a prostitute. ...
Judges 16:1 NIV
So get rid of every filthy habit and all wicked conduct. Submit to God and accept the word that he plants in your hearts, which is able to save you.
James 1:21 GNB
Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evildoers. Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn from it and go on your way.
Proverbs 4:14-15 NIV
Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.
Proverbs 13:20 NIV
Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”
1 Corinthians 15:33 NIV
Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin ...
Zechariah 4:10 NLT
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What new habit is God leading you to focus on? What’s working well? What’s been difficult?
- Share a story of a friend influencing you to do either something great or something not-so-great.
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Read Proverbs 4:14-15. How would you apply this to your life today?
- Think of the last time you broke a habit. What worked? What didn’t work?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Based on who you want to become, what habit do you want to break?
- Look down the road. Where could you end up if you don’t break a bad habit?
- What are some triggers you can interrupt? What’s something healthy you can do instead?
- Read Proverbs 13:20. Who are the wise people you want to ask for help? When will you do it?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, by Your grace You’ve made it possible to take small steps back to You. Holy Spirit, please guide us as we overcome bad habits and, by Your power, become more like Jesus. Thank You for all that You do for us. In the name of Jesus we pray, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Ask the right people to help you break your habit. It’s good to get professional help if you need it. Do whatever it takes to let God work in you.
- Use our guide to making and breaking habits: www.life.church/dailyhabits
- Start your year with a Bible-reading habit: www.go2.lc/habits
Find this in our app. Open the app, choose this message, then tap “Talk It Over.”
Get this in your inbox. Visit info.life.church/talkitover
Whoever finds God, finds life. More of God’s truth all week long at finds.life.church